Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the little girl and the kitten

she herself felt lost and small

as if noone saw her at all

she found a kitten alone outside

then brought it home so they could hide

to her room she snuck it in

and tucked it softly under her chin

so warm and cozy against her face

for once she felt she had a place

the next morning brought her mother's roar

she could not keep the kitten anymore

railed her mother throw it out

didnt not care how it was tossed about

so the little girl teary, no shoes on feet

carried the baby across the street

left it at her neighbors door

rang the bell

then was no more

 

 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings