Thursday, September 18, 2008

he listened to her as she enumerated the too many missteps and wrong turns in her life. her voice was at times soft and wavering, at other times harshly agitated.  she detailed a life of dreams not chased, questions not answered or not even asked, disappointment in others and disappointment in herself. 

it was this self- attack that seemed to upset her the most.  he told her not to be so hard on herself, as everyone misjudges, including him.  he held her hand firmly.

she nestled into his shoulder as he embraced her.

the night was warm and comforting for them both

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings