Sunday, June 20, 2010

a tear

a tear i shed for our father sky
of so many hues, so deep and wide
white puffy clouds, sometimes adorn
of darkening grey, lost and forlorn
and crystal blue the future to tell
a sky we thought we knew so well
a tear i shed for our oceans greenblue
what will ever become of you
haven for creatures mystical and rare
lost in statisticals, does anyone care?
a tear i shed for our rugged terrain
deserts, jungles and ice
once on an even plane
and endless torrent of salty tears
for all the animals no longer here
and those, if we are not careful
that will soon disappear
please hear my cries
so i can dry my eyes
save our earth mother
for we have no other

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings