we spent the day together, in each others arms while in the same room or apart. we ate a late breakfast, while listening to the beatles...the fab four go nicely with coffee and lemon biscotti.
together we made a new eggplant recipe, which we will try out on my brother and his lovely bride. then we will saunter off to a favorite local restaurant, where we will dine on what will be my last solid meal until tuesday afternoon.
my oncologist/surgeon wants all bases covered, or uncovered more accurately, before diving into my ailing innards. so monday afternoon the dreaded drink for the tuesday morning colonoscopy.
friday morning the doctor performed an in office biopsy, which could be aptly described as an effective way to obtain information, true or otherwise...this hurt. but it needed to be done. my pulse was 90 and bp 140/80, a bit nervous, eh?
i am trying to stifle the underlying panic that is bubbling close to the surface.
middle age is not for the squeamish.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (554)
- ► 2021 (187)
- ► 2020 (333)
- ► 2019 (445)
- ► 2018 (389)
- ► 2017 (439)
- ► 2016 (443)
- ► 2015 (560)
- ► 2014 (693)
- ► 2013 (893)
- ► 2012 (648)
- ► 2011 (451)
- ► 2010 (458)
- ► 2009 (184)
- anudda day like no udda
- today is the day for thanks and givingno walking e...
- she said, she said
- they slept together so tightly knitthere could not...
- she dreamed, she looked
- the only thing i know that is around the blockis t...
- the old soldier
- never show your feelingskeep to yourself your inne...
- i need a place where i can crywhere noone has to a...
- she walked briskly through the mist-laden air. th...
- sir real
- synderella syndrome
- trying to tame the anxietynot knowing what's in fr...
- tommy had a dream
- spake sheare
- the red tape of infirmity
- an attempt to elevate my moodcould not be sated, e...
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2007 (36)
- ► 2006 (111)
- karen lyons kalmenson
- I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings
Post a Comment