we spent the day together, in each others arms while in the same room or apart. we ate a late breakfast, while listening to the beatles...the fab four go nicely with coffee and lemon biscotti.
together we made a new eggplant recipe, which we will try out on my brother and his lovely bride. then we will saunter off to a favorite local restaurant, where we will dine on what will be my last solid meal until tuesday afternoon.
my oncologist/surgeon wants all bases covered, or uncovered more accurately, before diving into my ailing innards. so monday afternoon the dreaded drink for the tuesday morning colonoscopy.
friday morning the doctor performed an in office biopsy, which could be aptly described as an effective way to obtain information, true or otherwise...this hurt. but it needed to be done. my pulse was 90 and bp 140/80, a bit nervous, eh?
i am trying to stifle the underlying panic that is bubbling close to the surface.
middle age is not for the squeamish.
Subscribe To my heart
- ► 2021 (163)
- ► 2020 (333)
- ► 2019 (445)
- ► 2018 (389)
- ► 2017 (439)
- ► 2016 (443)
- ► 2015 (560)
- ► 2014 (693)
- ► 2013 (893)
- ► 2012 (648)
- ► 2011 (451)
- ► 2010 (458)
- ► 2009 (184)
- anudda day like no udda
- today is the day for thanks and giving no walking ...
- she said, she said
- they slept together so tightly knit there could no...
- she dreamed, she looked
- the only thing i know that is around the block is ...
- the old soldier
- never show your feelings keep to yourself your inn...
- i need a place where i can cry where noone has to ...
- she walked briskly through the mist-laden air. th...
- sir real
- synderella syndrome
- trying to tame the anxiety not knowing what's in f...
- tommy had a dream
- spake sheare
- the red tape of infirmity
- an attempt to elevate my mood could not be sated, ...
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2007 (36)
- ► 2006 (111)
- karen lyons kalmenson
- greetings! i have managed to incorporate my eternal woodstock nation spirit with the high tech 21st century world. i am an artist/writer, who dabbles in rhyme, and, sometimes, reason. my passions are my husband, who is truly the wind that ruffles my sails, animals rights, yoga...waking up in the morning. i find inspiration in too many things to list, and far too many more to remember. sketching, watercolor painting,poetry and photography are my ways of expressing joy and gratitude. from living with a chronic illness, i have learned the beauty of each day, and treat each as another sun salutation, and another chance.