she had reached that stage in life where what was written was writ, and what loomed ahead, ditto.
her life had been a combination of adult comfort and luxury, coupled with unresolved angst over childhood misery and pain. this duo ran her life, and those around her, at times, into the ground.
the uncertainty that coursed through her young years resulted in an inordinate need for control in the years that followed. she never really felt good, as herself, unaware that this unhappiness was heightened by the control issue.
she had children, stunted adults trapped in self loathing and fear.
one of her children became ill, stirring up a maelstrom within her. never able to identify, sort out, or admit culpability, this translated into extreme anxiety. it was the child she felt the most ambivalence towards, and treated the most harshly, at times like a servant; to carry her shopping bags or serve at her dinner parties. the one who watched her high end self expenditure, with the occasional bargain bone hurled in her direction.
lost in this swirl of feeling, the woman reached her hand up, to that child, to save her.
Subscribe To my heart
- ► 2022 (422)
- ► 2021 (187)
- ► 2020 (333)
- ► 2019 (445)
- ► 2018 (389)
- ► 2017 (439)
- ► 2016 (443)
- ► 2015 (560)
- ► 2014 (693)
- ► 2013 (893)
- ► 2012 (648)
- ► 2011 (451)
- ► 2010 (458)
- ► 2009 (184)
- anudda day like no udda
- today is the day for thanks and giving no walking ...
- she said, she said
- they slept together so tightly knit there could no...
- she dreamed, she looked
- the only thing i know that is around the block is ...
- the old soldier
- never show your feelings keep to yourself your inn...
- i need a place where i can cry where noone has to ...
- she walked briskly through the mist-laden air. th...
- sir real
- synderella syndrome
- trying to tame the anxiety not knowing what's in f...
- tommy had a dream
- spake sheare
- the red tape of infirmity
- an attempt to elevate my mood could not be sated, ...
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2007 (36)
- ► 2006 (111)
- karen lyons kalmenson
- greetings! i have managed to incorporate my eternal woodstock nation spirit with the high tech 21st century world. i am an artist/writer, who dabbles in rhyme, and, sometimes, reason. my passions are my husband, who is truly the wind that ruffles my sails, animals rights, yoga...waking up in the morning. i find inspiration in too many things to list, and far too many more to remember. sketching, watercolor painting,poetry and photography are my ways of expressing joy and gratitude. from living with a chronic illness, i have learned the beauty of each day, and treat each as another sun salutation, and another chance.