Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Once upon a time there was a butterfly


once there was a butterfly
who wanted to see how
high she could fly.
up into the air
approaching space
as the people below
looked up,
awe etched on each face.
the whole world watched
and waited with glee
as the  butterfly flew
so joyfully
higher and higher
the winged one did
soar,
as those on earth
could not see her anymore
they asked their friends and
neighbors, their families
could she be gone forever
no this cannot be.
the earth herself sighed
a breath so sweet
as all her children
gathered round her feet.
no guns, no fighting,
no partisan citizenry
only people united
in the butterfly's reverie.
and as she returned
from the moons welcoming
face,
the world of people
rejoiced
one loving place.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings