Wednesday, January 4, 2017

memor-ized..for those who no longer, remember

i try to hold on to whatever i see
as it fades from view
i know that, too
that image will be gone.
lost to that place where dwell
the others, once real to me
but now only as real as
those who share them.
i see your face
do
i know you
your name
i cannot place.
did you love me
did i love you.
i was doing something...
what did i do.
the me i try so hard to hold onto
is now someone i do not understand.
i see you look at me
you do not know this
me, either.

embrace me as you once did
or so  you said
keep me  in your heart
as all fades from my head.
please love me still
i am not dead

this shell of a person
once filled with a life
somebody's  mother,
daughter, son
husband, child, father
or wife.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings