Wednesday, December 28, 2016

year out

the years so quickly
accumulate
yet for the end of
each day,
the minutes await.

it goes for those
of us who pray
or those who
choose another
way.

what will be as the
hourglass spins
the earth on its axis
on storms from
within.

will the mysteries
that follow
the path of unknown.
tears empty hearts
hollow
for sins we atone.

we sit on our haunches
poised for the battle
our questions  not asked
or unanswered
dull sabers, not rattled.

the sun spirits call us
we open our eyes
a new world waits
filled with joy and
surprise.

and in that moment
of clarity sublime
and near
we sit quietly thankful
that we are still here.


No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings