Wednesday, October 29, 2014

numbers on a stone

4/11/25
this is the day
that you arrived.
10/21/14
you left our world
an emptier,
sadder place.
but in our hearts
we still see
your vibrant face.
words and numbers
on a stone
are not you.
your life force so
strong.
not even death
can undo.
we are still
trying hard to
comprehend
why a life is born
and then
my beautiful mom
it has to end.
your first words
spoken,
until your last.
a life well lived
that has left earth
too fast.
who makes these rules.
why does it go this
way.
no answers to be given,
as we cry
each day.


No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings