Saturday, February 14, 2009

a valentine fable

it was the dread day valentine
oh what was he to do
he had to buy her something
before the day was through
he needed a plan
he needed it right now
or he would spend the weekend
locked in chateau bow wow
he ran to the jeweler and to the candy store
oh life could not be much crueler
he had to buy her more
the necklace looked right at him
he knew that he was lost
like the apple was to adam
to be bought no matter what the cost
he watched with a big smile
as she opened up the box
that necklace is not my style
she slammed the door and closed the locks
he sat home and ate the candy
watched some sports on the t.v
played with any remote that was handy
and guzzled cold beers, three
the moral of the story
dont ask me i dont know
but the man was in all his glory
and the woman had nothing to show

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings