Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Ask not



 Ask not the gift of age to be what it cannot 

Ask not for that which does not serve 

Nor causes anguish 

Which you do not deserve 

Wallow neither nor go to war 

With mistakes you have made 

Years before 

Look back at the inevitable rewind 

Do not judge nor doubt

The choices and voices 

Can sometimes shout 

There is a gentle wisdom

In age’s embrace 

Etched in the lines of your face 

Even if your memory light 

Shines not as bright 

Your body tires

As life transpires 

Day grows softly into night 

As a dove perched on a tree 

Will soon take to flight 



No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings