Saturday, March 26, 2022

What goes on

 

What goes on inside an elephant’s head 
Do they look at their world with fear and dread? 
Do they see each day as another chance to live 
Are they short on grudges, and long on forgive? 
Do they revel in their planet and its natural wealth 
Do they understand the importance of their homeland’s health 
Do they go about their lives, day by day 
In quiet reverence, with not much to say 
We can barely understand each other 
Perhaps we can learn from our 
Elephant sisters and brothers 
If we open our hearts and eyes 
We might just be pleasantly surprised 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings