Monday, January 18, 2016

the ragged beauty of the indomitable spirit...repost


some of us have not had downy soft lives.
we have stumbles, not all of our own making.
some of our battle scars are within,
hidden to the eye, but visible to those
who can see our breaking hearts,
some of our wounds are all too apparent.
and there is no looking away.
do not pity us. we do not pity ourselves.
we are too busy living.
we are survivors, still here to do battle
with the torments from within,
and whatever life throws at us.
we are here to love,
and to be loved.
we have not given up nor will
we ever.
we look forward, feathers or no
feathers.
perfect, not in our outer trappings,
but in the ragged beauty of our
indomitable spirit.

courage has its own
magical embrace

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings