Friday, August 22, 2014

peace is a word

peace is a word
we have often
heard.
it is tossed
around like
sports
equipment
peace is a state
of mind,
to which we 
all aspire...
in word is
easier to
attain.
in action...
inaction
peace is a state
of non aggression
an absence of hate.
a state barely populated
yet admired.
peace exists as
the unattainable
star.
shining high above
the bloodbaths
below.
its lights
dimming.
are we so hardwired to
pull, push and twist.
is the peace chip
something
we have
somehow
missed.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings