Friday, July 20, 2012

you try

you try so hard to find your way,
so stuck in fields where
you do not want to play.
the years pass by, lost in
your empty routine,
they flit, unnoticed,
some not even seen.
at last a moment where,
perhaps you can succeed.
this is it, this is now,
you finally hold the deed.
with open eyes, you rise
to the task,
to be acknowledged,
that is all you ask.
but as you sit at the
precipice of your dream,
the reality around,
inside you, screams.
the nasty, the jealous, the crooked,
the sad, the uncaring, the lonely.
the not nice, the bad.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings