Sunday, May 13, 2012

what is a mother

a mother is someone who nurtures and cares
whenever needed, she is always there
a mother is someone who has a kind word to say
especially after a long, trying day.
a mother is someone who will protect
wind rain and elements, she will deflect
a mother swims in the ocean, soars in the sky
walks or crawls on our planet
her young always in her eyes
a mother is wild, a mother is tame
a mother was once a child
at times, she has no name.
but she is a mother
a life she has treasured
there is no scale on this planet
by which this gem can be measured

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings