Saturday, September 10, 2011

k 9/11 hearts

They stand by their person
Tall and proud
Waiting for each command
By hand signal or aloud
Their paws are so tired
They are cut until raw
But they keep on going
Keep looking for more
Into the rubble into the fray
Not fearing trouble
Will  someone be saved today.
Eyes tearing from smoke
They plow straight ahead
As they cough and they choke
Perhaps wishing for bed
Tirelessly devoted  doing their best
At the end of the long day
Head on their person’s chest
Knowing tomorrow
Will be more of this sorrow

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings