Thursday, September 24, 2026

Ask not

Ask not the gift of age what it cannot Ask not for that which does not serve Nor causes anguish Which you do not deserve Wallow neither nor go to war With mistakes you have made Years before Look back at the inevitable rewind Do not judge nor doubt The choices and voices Can sometimes shout There is a gentle wisdom In age’s embrace Etched in the lines of your face Even if your memory light Shines not as bright Your body tires As life transpires Day grows softly into night As a dove perched on a tree Will soon take to flight

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings