Friday, September 13, 2013

a pigeons prayer



eagle nursery, sad and quiet
i lost my little nestmate today,
we always used to eat together
and play.
but she was so fragile, so very small.
we knew all along that
she had no chance at all.
but i watched over her daily,
to make sure that she ate.
knowing that all i could do was
try to put off her fate.
my little nestmate has died today.
we on eagle mountain,
bow our heads in silence
and pray.
watching and hoping

we will always love and miss you

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings