Sunday, September 21, 2008

street fare

it was almost the official first day of autumn, festooned in summer like warmth.  people walked by, speaking in soft voices to each other.  it seems that weather like this elicits its own kind of warmth from those out enjoying its glory.

there were sounds of musical cacaphony, as different bands played simultaneously, oblivious to each other, playing as loud as they could. 

vendors did what vendors do...some soft sell, some hard, hoping to catch more than the eye of the strolling passersby.  dogs everywhere, in every permutation.

in this happy chaos, she slowly went, stopping occasionally to look at little animal statues.  unable to focus, aimlessly drifting.

 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings