Friday, September 12, 2008

the little girl

the little girl went into the bathroom.  she tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting this moment to be discovered.  she turned on the light and stood in front of the mirror.

she saw a face, a pretty face...but it seemed noone else saw this.  she looked again.  the reflection was still pleasing to her eye.

she thought of her mother, forever, it seemed, talking about all the pretty girls in the neighborhood, never including her on this list.

she heard her mother's shrill voice, summoning the family to breakfast. the pretty girl was gone. she turned off the light, then slumped slowly down the stairs.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings