Monday, June 1, 2015

why

why
since i was young
i never understood
why people chose to
do bad,
instead of good.
how some could find
pleasure in causing
pain.
a world lost and twisted,
that considers itself sane.
and now in my sixties
through old, jaundiced eyes.
i see the same
and am sadly,
not surprised.
is it in our murky genepool
our DNA.
is our species hardwired
this way.
will these miseries ever end.
sometime i close my eyes
and pretend,
that the world is pretty.
flowers bloom
for all living beings
there is room.
that toleration is the
new way to think...
then i open my eyes...
and everything still stinks.
wishing for pretty instead of sh*tty

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings