Wednesday, July 3, 2013

july 4th independence day

staten island, NY


July  4th
Today is the day we celebrate
Everything that has made
this country great
The fact that we can sit here
And dissent,
 Many nations of the world
 never experience this
Accomplishment
Although  with our politicians
 We May disagree
This is a land of infinite possibilities
Of a people proud, diverse and real
There are not enough words
To express how I feel
Yes,  now we are living in
Difficult times
 But We Americans never falter, in our
Uphill climbs
Christians, muslims, hindus, jews,
Every color in the human spectrum
 May god bless you

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings