Friday, May 24, 2013

flowers on concrete

game face on,
have to play.
like flowers on concrete,
walls get in
the way.

rules to be broken,
or broken by rules.
real or a token,
we don't learn this
in school.

like flowers on concrete,
rooted in shaky earth.
buffeted by storms,
more than a lifetime's
worth.

trying to climb
on surfaces hostile
and cold,
listening or not
to what we
were/are told.

like flowers on concrete,
where warm does not go.
this is where we are and
how are we expected
to grow.
 
photo taken in transit

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings