Friday, May 31, 2013

eloquent narcissa

she stood alone,
refined and  tall.
in her self-perceived
grace, she
stood above it all.
never able to
connect to the trees
or other flowers.
too in love with her own
beauty and its transient power.
time passed, her petals, older
and withered.
she looked back at her lifetime,
from inside out, she shivered.
what she had missed,
as she bathed
in her own sad reflection,
now relegated to wishes,
regrets and
 her own misdirection.

                                            photo taken, not shaken...but very stirred.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings