Monday, November 14, 2011

what goes on



What goes on inside an elephant’s head
Do  they look at their world with fear and dread?
Do they see each day as another chance to live
Are they short on grudges, and long on forgive?
Do they revel in their planet and its natural wealth
Do they understand the importance of their homeland’s health
Do they go about their lives, day by day
In quiet reverence, with not much to say
We can barely understand each other
Perhaps we can learn from our
Elephant sisters and brothers
If we open our hearts and eyes
We might just  be pleasantly  surprised

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings