Thursday, November 11, 2010

for my father on veteran's day

war sucks and i hate it and always will...but for veterans like my dad, who fought so i could have the freedom to sit here and try to make a difference...

i thank you♥


For my father on veterans day

they stormed the beaches

on that cold gray day.

they did not know what to do

nor what to say.

they ran straight ahead into enemy fire

friends around them shot dead

such scenario dire.

yet fought they did

for the freedoms they believe.

we are thankful for those who made it

and for those who didnot, we grieve.

for without these heroes

we could not type these words

stand for that which matters

have our voices heard

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings