Thursday, March 5, 2009

the rock in the sand

for miles it seemed, the sand kept going, safe in the uniformity of its sandness. warmed by the sun, soaked by the sea, it lingered.

there was a little rock amongst all this sand. the rock was uneven in texture and asymetical in shape. this rock felt many tides pass over it, yet remained firmly anchored, though worn down by the persistent waters.

this constant battering shaped the little rock into something that glistened, above the din of the bland shoreline . this rock, that had always yearned to be part of the sand, soon revelled in its oneness.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings