Thursday, March 5, 2009

the closing store

they walked into a store they had been in many times. the merchandise lay fallow, salespeople clustered in hushhush little groups. what would happen to these people?

this great giant was closing. the store, at its inception, a small space under a loud elevated train. at its decimation, a chain reduced to financial rubble.

they felt like vultures, picking over a not yet dead carcass. this feeling stayed with them as they strolled through the various departments, halfheartedly looking for bargains.

unable to focus, unable to buy, saddened by a closing of part of their history, they silently walked out, hand in hand, into the cold.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings