Friday, September 15, 2017

fadingbat

twinkle tinkle
fading bat
getting old
and that's a fact
hard to hear
and hard to type
how else am I gonna
gripe.
losing muscles
gaining pounds
was once a square
now turning round
pimples left
so wrinkles could move in
pardonez moi while I
scoop up all o my chins
memory fails from time to time
breaking my nails
while typing this rhyme
my inner teenager
is a tad confused
the old bat on the cover
is not amused.
oh well I am lucky to still be
here at all.
(I shrunk and I sure miss
being tall)

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings