Monday, July 10, 2017

seen-yers

some of us are old
and grey,
much like you
we were not
born that way.
a life we lived
time passed
in stages
as that happens,
yes,
we ages.
we have learned
some
wisdom
along the way
mistakes, life lessons
we had to pay.
we look at you
with your energies
and drive
yes,
we feel blessed to
be here and
still alive.
though there is more
behind than
there is ahead
we do not allow
ourselves to be
enveloped by
dread.
we see in you
the we that is
no longer.
although our bodies
might weaken
our love grows
stronger.
we wish you would listen
to what we have to say.
but when we were young,
i guess we
were the same way.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings