Wednesday, January 4, 2017

memor-ized..for those who no longer, remember

i try to hold on to whatever i see
as it fades from view
i know that, too
that image will be gone.
lost to that place where dwell
the others, once real to me
but now only as real as
those who share them.
i see your face
do
i know you
your name
i cannot place.
did you love me
did i love you.
i was doing something...
what did i do.
the me i try so hard to hold onto
is now someone i do not understand.
i see you look at me
you do not know this
me, either.

embrace me as you once did
or so  you said
keep me  in your heart
as all fades from my head.
please love me still
i am not dead

this shell of a person
once filled with a life
somebody's  mother,
daughter, son
husband, child, father
or wife.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i am older than dirt and proud of it!!!! i have managed to incorporate my eternal 60's nation spirit with the high tech 21st century world. i am an artist/writer, who dabbles in rhyme, and, sometimes, reason. my passions are my husband, who is truly the wind that ruffles my sails, animals rights, yoga, the beach, waking up in the morning. i find inspiration in too many things to list, and far too many more to remember. i have added sketching, watercolor painting, and photography to my ways of expressing joy and gratitude. from living with a chronic illness, i have learned the beauty of each day, and treat each as another sun salutation, and another chance. P.S. all painting, poems and photographs are my originals karen Lyons kalmenson