Tuesday, July 28, 2015

for cecil the lion and all the other cecils, past present and hopefully, not future

slaughtered why
did cecil die.
a lion's life
he lead.
a human monster
fueled by need for
blood,
and now,
the great lion
is dead.
what did it do
make him feel
more of a man
with weapons
in his hand.
where was his heart
when this vicious act
was executed
and planned.
we of compassion
cannot comprehend
why in this manner
this great lion
came to an end.
perhaps, mr palmer
your heart will be awake,
when again another life
you decide to take.

rest in peace,
great king of beasts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing & in memory of Cecil

karen lyons kalmenson said...

thank you so much laura.


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings