Saturday, October 11, 2014

i am a parrot...in honor of pteribird and magic mikey


i am a parrot,
i cluck i squawk.
i have a will
of my own.
and i do not
always talk.
i eat like a piggy
throwing food all about
in the wild that is what
we do,
so new plants will sprout.
sometimes i am broody,
sometimes i take a nip
or two.
sometimes i want to be alone
sometimes i want to be
with you.
i need a lot of interaction
and exercise...
if left in a dark, dirty cage,
my spirit dies.
i might pluck, i might scream
what else can i do...
if being nice does not get a
reaction from you.
i belong in nature,
though my habitats
are being destroyed.
i am not a decoration
i am not a toy.
i could live a long life
many decades, too
please think very carefully
and decide if parrot
guardianship really
is for you.
or else from place to place
i will go. and never
feel secure.
if you take me home...
please be 10000% sure

thank you

♥magic mikey macnoblebird♥

♥pteri tea rose max a.k.a. pteribird♥

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i am older than dirt and proud of it!!!! i have managed to incorporate my eternal 60's nation spirit with the high tech 21st century world. i am an artist/writer, who dabbles in rhyme, and, sometimes, reason. my passions are my husband, who is truly the wind that ruffles my sails, animals rights, yoga, the beach, waking up in the morning. i find inspiration in too many things to list, and far too many more to remember. i have added sketching, watercolor painting, and photography to my ways of expressing joy and gratitude. from living with a chronic illness, i have learned the beauty of each day, and treat each as another sun salutation, and another chance. P.S. all painting, poems and photographs are my originals karen Lyons kalmenson