Monday, July 21, 2014

the elephant and the mosquito

don't fly by my head.
and
don't bite...
big or small...
that's
just not right.
don't step upon
what i think is
my nest.
we are here,
we are not
just pests.
we have been
smashed and pummeled
for many large.
the unwitting no reason
enemy
of those in charge.
we are not here to
bear your pain.
and yet
you cannot
stop this rain.
and you throw
what you can,
digging into this,
our land.
you do not see,
it belongs to we.
so sad you fight,
blood you shed.
those you care for
lying dead.
names and numbers
that breathed the
air.
mere vapors now
at the stats we
stare.
take a look into the eyes
of those you oppose.
yeah...they too have a soul...
yeah one of those.

decades now for peace i pray
but the miseries just don't
go away.

learn to say it is okay to be different from each other, because in the larger scheme, we are all the same
flowers of hope, and reason

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings