Sunday, November 10, 2013

for my father on veteran's day

walking home from yoga
if we work hard and pray,
perhaps one day all wars
will go away

for my father on veteran's day

they stormed the beaches
on that cold gray day.
they did not know what to do
nor what to say....
they ran straight ahead into enemy fire
friends around them shot dead
such scenario dire.
yet fought they did
for the freedoms they believe.
we are thankful for those who made it
and for those who didnot, we grieve.
for without these heroes
we could not type these words
stand for that which matters
have our voices heard.

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings