Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the gift

the gift arrived

in a little box

not sealed with ribbon

no chains, no locks

though hard to open,

but once inside

the gift burst forth

no desire to hide

the gift shined brightly

on all around

so glad to be there

to see sky, water

and ground

the gift softly trembled

at the beauty of it all

at the paradise it resembled

the gift answered the call

the gift happens once

and it happens quite often

it is your life to live

in joy

until god closes the coffin

treat this gift with great kindness

respect and deep caring

love yourself and all those

around you

the gift is for sharing

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings