Thursday, February 5, 2009

the night before the day after

the night before she sat and typed
hands so tired from dishes she wiped
the next day would herald a new routine
not like her life had for decades been
her quiet posture inner churning
what was up ahead, would she be learning
anticipation dotted here and there with dread
all these things swimming around inside her head
her composure she was going to maintain
or no good at all would she stand to gain
the night before the after day
she closed her computer
and walked away

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings