Thursday, August 28, 2008

sailing too

the water tapped rythmically against the boat, as hungry gulls scoured the water for prey.  the sun, in its gentle splendor, blanketed all it purveyed with its warmth.  the breeze tickled and teased, part balmy and part hinting of the autumn chill to come.

for her brother, this was the one place he could really be. he revelled in sharing this joy with anyone receptive, especially with his sister and her husband, who seemed to appreciate it most.

she lay back on the deck, feeling as if all her stress had been and was no more . she watched as her brother and his brother in law navigated the boat. it was a most primitive bonding...men, the sea, the air...

her inner world was at peace...the only movement the waves, and the love

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings