Monday, December 12, 2005

looking

looking at the lovers

who were in my life

to some i was a thrill

to one i was a wife

to one an acquisition

from a culture unknown

another fancy object

that he had to own

to another a means

to enable his dissipation

oblivious to my consternation

to another a pretty toy

only around to bring him joy

one whos heart id broken

years ago at the end

now feels he is lucky

to consider me a friend

but did any really love me

this i truly doubt

you cannot love somebody

if you do not care

what they're about

if they are only in your life

to round your edges out

loving a person is feeling the need

to build a life to plant a seed

to watch the feelings grow and sprout

to hold each other

inside and out

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:


Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a proud senior, forever hippie, who has incorporated the peace and love vibe into the technosphere of the 21st century. Gratitude and love of all beings is what I live for and how I live. My husband and I are guardians of pteribird in heaven and magic Mikey a special needs senior parrot, whose intelligence and love is beautiful and humbling. Blessings